Curriculum Committee Terms of Reference
Model Terms of reference
- To consider and advise the governing body on standards and other matters relating to the school’s curriculum, including statutory requirements and the School’s Curriculum Policy
- To provide and support curriculum development as set out in the School’s Development Plan or School’s Improvement Plan.
- To monitor the implementation of the governing body’s plans and report back to the full governing body.
- To consider curricular issues which have implications for Finance and Personnel decisions and to make recommendations to the relevant committees or the Governing Body
- To oversee arrangements for individual governors to take a leading role in specific areas of provision, eg SEN, Literacy, Numeracy. To receive regular reports from them and advise the Governing Body.
- To oversee arrangements for educational visits, including the appointment of a named co-ordinator
- To review annually those curriculum policies/provision which are required by law (Sex Education, RE and Collective Worship, Special Needs, Complaints Procedure).
- To review pastoral support systems within the school.
- To review and advise the governing body on testing and assessment procedures and arrangements for reporting to parents.
- To review the policy and provision for pupils with special needs, ensuring that these are met.
- Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include.