Staffing Committee Terms of Reference
Model Terms of Reference:
- To draft and keep under review the staffing structure in consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance Committee
- To establish a Pay Policy for all categories of staff and to be responsible for its administration and review
- To establish and review a Performance Management policy for all staff
- To oversee the process leading to staff reductions
- To keep under review staff work/life balance, working conditions and well-being, including the monitoring of absence
- To make recommendations on personnel related expenditure to the Finance Committee
- To consider any appeal against a decision on pay grading or pay awards
- To formulate and review staffing and personnel policies
- To draft and keep under review Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures for approval by the Governing Body and to ensure that staff are kept well informed.
- To agree recruitment and selection procedures and the level of involvement by governors in the appointment of staff.
- To review Headteacher’s, Deputy Headteachers’ and teachers’ salaries as required by the Pay and Conditions documents.
- Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include