SATs Top Tips
As you know the SATs are approaching. Here are ten top tips for success:
1) Get a good night sleep! (In bed by 8:30.) When you get a good rest your brain is sharper and ready to learn.
2) Eat a healthy/balanced breakfast. Oatmeal, wheatabix and wholemeal toast all release energy slowly keeping you energized until lunch.
3) Drink plenty of water. Try to drink at least eight cups a day. Be careful not to drink them all at once – it’s better to sip constantly throughout the day.
4) Try to cut out fizzy drinks and junk food until after the SATs. These foods do not contain nutritional value and although they have sugar for energy, it’s not the right sugar to keep you going all day.
5) Limit TV, computer and Playstation. These can numb your mind and distract you from your goals.
6) STUDY! Try to study in short bursts. Don’t overload yourself. Study for 15 minutes at a time, take a short break (not TV or Playstation), and then come back to your work again.
7) The night before the SAT – don’t study too much. Simply, read your notes and try to relax.
8) Ask questions! As you study, record questions that you come across that you are unsure of. Make a note of these to ask a teacher or classmate.
9) Exercise. Be sure to try and get 15-20 minutes of exercise every day. This could be a game a football with friends or taking the dog for a walk. Fresh air is good for your body and your brain!
10) MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL – RELAX, BE CONFIDENT AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! YOU ARE ALL STARS!