Model Terms of Reference:
· To draft and keep under review the staffing structure in consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance Committee
· To establish a Pay Policy for all categories of staff and to be responsible for its administration and review
· To establish and review a Performance Management policy for all staff
· To oversee the process leading to staff reductions
· To keep under review staff work/life balance, working conditions and well-being, including the monitoring of absence
· To make recommendations on personnel related expenditure to the Finance Committee
· To consider any appeal against a decision on pay grading or pay awards
· To formulate and review staffing and personnel policies
· To draft and keep under review Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures for approval by the Governing Body and to ensure that staff are kept well informed.
· To agree recruitment and selection procedures and the level of involvement by governors in the appointment of staff.
· To review Headteacher’s, Deputy Headteachers’ and teachers’ salaries as required by the Pay and Conditions documents.
· Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include