Model Terms of Reference:
· To advise the Governing Body on priorities, including Health and Safety, for the maintenance and development of the school’s premises
· To oversee arrangements for repairs and maintenance
· To make recommendations to the Finance Committee on premises-related expenditure
· In consultation with the Headteacher and the Finance Committee, to oversee premises-related funding bids
· To oversee arrangements, including Health and Safety, for the use of school premises by outside users, subject to governing body policy
· To establish and keep under review an Asset Management Plan
· To establish and keep under review an Accessibility plan
· To monitor, and report regularly to the Governing Body on:
– Grounds Maintenance
· To make recommendations for minor works related to improvements or repairs to the buildings or grounds.
· To approve the costs and contracts for maintenance, repairs and decoration within the budget allocation.
· To review and advise the Governing Body on all matters relating to Community Use, including the charging policy.
· To approve a Health and Safety Policy. To monitor on a regular basis all issues relating to health and safety and to work closely with the Health and Safety Representative within the school.
· Additional items which individual Governing Bodies may wish to include